This research project will take the form of a case-study, exploring the task of bringing Special Collections from a local archive to a broader public attention, using digital tools and methods. The purpose of this research inquiry is to make a thorough investigation into the system and method of researching local archive materials, using digital methods and tools to present those findings. Harrington digitised a selection of the Richard Dowden Papers (Collection Reference U140), a fully classified collection of archive fonds held by Cork City and County Archives Service and has crafted a fascinating exhibition exploring Dowden’s life and work.
- DomFeee: #FirstEditionCork Dr Carrina Parraman explores translating Van Gogh's brushmarks into vectors to be reproduced on a painting machine #UCCDH
- EnglishUCC: RT @americasstudies @IrishEcocritic @omurphy16 @EnglishUCC #editwikilit got a mention at #DBpediaGalway17 today by @sharonlflynn #uccdh https://t.co/EwN7vYS2Pf
- mikecosgrave: @scott_bot Coffee? "No, let me scan it, upload to Omeka and use the metadata to show in on Neatline..." #uccdh https://t.co/GjjXVxbkXL
- Eva_R_Wallace: The #Google graphic for #OskarFischinger 's birthday is excellently done, very cool way to mix musical composition… https://t.co/NlPRE6C9Hj
- americasstudies: @IrishEcocritic @omurphy16 @EnglishUCC #editwikilit got a mention at #DBpediaGalway17 today by @sharonlflynn #uccdh https://t.co/EwN7vYS2Pf