This research project will take the form of a case-study, exploring the task of bringing Special Collections from a local archive to a broader public attention, using digital tools and methods. The purpose of this research inquiry is to make a thorough investigation into the system and method of researching local archive materials, using digital methods and tools to present those findings. Harrington digitised a selection of the Richard Dowden Papers (Collection Reference U140), a fully classified collection of archive fonds held by Cork City and County Archives Service and has crafted a fascinating exhibition exploring Dowden’s life and work.
- americasstudies: #uccdh https://t.co/d7ejbtzWt4
- americasstudies: @MhurchuB Can't wait! #uccdh https://t.co/ctFF7c4k20
- nlapot: Looking fwd to our presentation tomorrow based around the article https://t.co/NvNLT6141u @HeffernanEmmett @GasCan2024 @pat_lynam #uccdh
- nlapot: #uccdh https://t.co/m59mcrYw8m
- MhurchuB: I agree!! #uccdh https://t.co/JyJ2MctViK